Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mother's Day Cards

Spoiler: Jean and Nancy, do not look at this post until after you've opened your Mother's Day cards!



After watching an inspiring episode of Heart and Soul, CTMH's on-line crafting show, I came up with these cute cards for Greg's mom and mine. This brand-new episode, called Expressions of Love for Mom, featured a technique to make a word block. Because it was so cute, I copied the word block they used as their example, and it became the centerpiece for my cards. If you want to watch the episode, click here to see how to put together this and other word blocks using clear stamps. I started out using the pattern "Clean Cut" from Jeanette Lynton's Originals Card Book, but, as usual, I ended up creating something slightly different. Another fun technique: using one of the Spot On Backgrounds stamps and Hollyhock ink, I created the large background piece. The stamp was smaller than my cardstock, so I had to stamp it multiple times, but I was able to line up the patterns exactly because I could see through my stamp. Gotta love that precision! I ended up with two similar but unique cards for two wonderful yet totally unique moms. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. May your day be blessed.

***During the month of May only, I am offering the Priceless Love Word Puzzle stamp set (used to make the word block on this card) at the discount price of $20. Please contact me if you would like to purchase this versatile set.***

Recipe:
Priceless Love Word Puzzle & Spot On Backgrounds stamp sets
Boom-Di-Ada paper pack
Boom-Di-Ada My Stickease
Buttercup & Baby Pink cardstock
Olive, Hollyhock, Sweet Leaf & Barn Red ink
Olive Marker
Foam pop-up squares
White Daisy Ricrac

No comments: