Wednesday, July 1, 2009

May '09 Layout

Today is a happy/unhappy day. Happy because I finally ordered cardstock yesterday (woohoo - picture me doing the happy dance!) and unhappy because my computer keyboard won't work, and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've tried wiggling the cord where it connects to the computer and also tried rebooting the computer, but nothing works. Ugh! I'm using my hubby's laptop, and it's going okay, but I want my computer fixed. . . Okay, I've thrown myself a pity party, now back to scrapbooking! I've been working on this layout for a few days now,and I finally got all the pictures and elements arranged just as I wanted. May was one of those months where you take a lot of pictures, but then you look at them and realize that only a few are worth scrapping. I did seperate layouts for a couple of events but wanted to create a layout to house all my "orphans," so I came up with a timeline approach that encompassed our events for the month. It was actually kind of funny to realize that, although I scrapbook my kids a lot (let's face it, they are cuter than Greg and I), the family activites for the month actually balance out between all the family members. I may take this timeline approach more often, just because it was fun and also because it gives me a snapshot view of what life was like for a whole month. I used a ton of stamp sets to create the journaling boxes (reminder to self: don't do that again!), so if you're interested in which stamp set I used to create a particular embellishment, leave me a comment and I'll try to help. One thing I did to bring continuity to the layout was to use the same stamp for the dates on each journaling box. Now I'm off to clean up my scrap desk!



Recipe:
Picture Perfect, Moments in Time, Express Postage, Connections, Tool Time, Say It In Style, Annotations, Post-Card Travel Series, Starstruck, Alphabet Solos "M" stamp sets
Alphabet stamp sets = Classmate & Homestead
Word Puzzle stamp sets = February, May, July & Priceless Love
Emporium paper pack
Vineyard Berry, Desert Sand & Colonial White cardstock
Vineyard Berry, Desert Sand, Sweet Leaf, Cocoa & Olive ink
Vineyard Berry, Desert Sand & Sweet Leaf markers
Pewter brad
Edge distresser
Scalloped scissors (CM)

1 comment:

Big Red Scraps said...

What a great idea! I love this. Thanks for sharing :)