Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bishop Museum Layout

In my last post, I was reflecting on how I tend to reach for some of the same tried-and-true products over and over, so this time I decided to use (almost all) totally new stuff. I knew as soon as I saw it that I needed to have the Tinkering paper pack and the coordinating stamp set Gear Up, but I kept putting off purchasing it because it didn't go with any of my current layouts. But when I printed out these pictures, I thought Tinkering would be a perfect fit for them, and I was right. Although I don't know what possessed me to dress my son in a yellow shirt and red socks, it was a happy accident since his outfit picks up the main colors in the Tinkering papers. Yay! Anyway, this is the first time I've used this paper pack and stamp set, and I love the results. Hopefully you all will, too! The pattern is Elegant Showcase from Cherish, slightly revised in order to fit all my pictures. I used a lot of distressing on the journaling block and embellishments so that they would match the grungy look of the papers. To make the journaling block, I printed the journaling on White Daisy cardstock, and then I second generation stamped it with gears to mimic the look of the patterned paper without having to cut up a big sheet to fit into my printer. I also lightly sponged Sunny Yellow ink onto it, and distressed it a little with Bamboo ink.



Recipe:
Gear Up & Alphabet Solos "D" stamp sets
Tinkering Level 2 papers
Twilight, Sunny Yellow & White Daisy cardstock
Twilight, Sunny Yellow, Clover Meadow, Holiday Red & Bamboo ink
Color Ready Alphabet Hodge Podge
My Accents Cranberry concho
Foam Squares
Brayer
Sponges

No comments: