Friday, January 8, 2010

LOAD #8 - Posing at the Patch

Can you believe we're already at #8? At this rate I may run out of pictures to scrap! Just kidding; there are plenty more just waiting to be scrapped. This is normally a layout I would not post, since I don't love how it came out, and the pictures are not the greatest, but I don't have time to do another today. The Christmas tree ornaments are sitting in the middle of my living room, begging to be put away, so I have plenty to do with the rest of my day. Okay, back to the layout. Does anyone else have the same problem I have when you get a new paper pack that is "only available this month?" I can't wait to open it, and I try it out with numerous sets of photos, but I can't bring myself to cut into any of the paper. After all, what if the perfect layout comes along, and I've already used the piece of paper I needed? I'm trying to force myself to get over this quirk, so I broke out a piece of paper from the Felicity paper pack, and I used it on this layout. I know, it's a really small piece, but it's a start. Maybe I'll cut up a full piece (gasp!) in the next week.



Recipe:
Felicity, Hodge Podge & Thoughtful Seasons stamp sets
Felicity kit
Autumn Terracotta & Buttercup cardstock
Autumn Terracotta & Barn Red ink
Barn Red Bigger Brad
Autumn Terracotta My Accents
Autumn Terracotta marker

5 comments:

Linda said...

These pics are from a trip to New Orleans last May, just my husband and I.

I used the Felicity paper pack and stamp set and my cricut for the title. Love this paper pack!

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss116/twinstimestwo/New%20Orleans%20Trip%202009/DSCF0118.jpg

Unknown said...

Cheryl - you're so funny that you think your little 2x4 piece of B&T COUNTS as "using your felicity pack"!!!! I get it, though...I haven't touched mine yet, either...and here BOTH of you used felicity today!

Here's mine...for my baby albums, I scrap their calendar page for each month to begin that month's worth of pictures...I'm not great at journaling, so this helps me keep all those important "firsts" without actually having to document them!

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/wiersmam/12x12%20Layouts/Zi6_0903.jpg

Cheryl Even said...

Linda, love the stamping on your layout today. The whole layout comes together so nicely. Monica, your baby pages are both inspiring me and making me feel guilty for not completing my youngest son's baby album. Actually, I only have three layouts done, so I guess that had better be my next project!

Beth P said...

http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/BethPscrapper/January%202010%20scrapbook%20layouts/?action=view&current=DSC_6246_edited-1.jpg

Playing in the water with the fishes in Hawaii.

Beth P said...

Cheryl, I like this page a lot. It's really about the great photos. Love the lower mid one of the boys. Awesome photo! (Falling asleep while typing...I gotta go to bed!!!)