Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just Hanging Out Layout

I love the Animal Cookie paper pack and My Stickease, especially this little hippo. Isn't she cute? Her mischievous look is adorable! This layout is the last of my vacation ones from November 2009. There are a few mistakes on it, but I will use them as teachable moments for all of you! I got the idea for threading the ribbon through the paper from a layout in Creating Keepsakes magazine. My word of advice? Be sure you calculate how many holes you need to punch so your ribbon ends are either both on top or both hidden under the layout. The top photo is done correctly, the bottom one is not. Another tip: when embossing, make sure the ink on items you don't want embossed is totally dry before stamping and embossing adjoining areas. Even non-pigment ink can stay slightly damp for a long time, and it will pick up stray bits of embossing powder even when you don't want it to!



Recipe:
Field Trip Alphabet & April Word Puzzle stamp sets
Animal Cookie Level 2 paper & My Stickease
Dutch Blue, Tulip & Sunflower cardstock
Dutch Blue, Sunflower & Versamark ink
Dutch Blue marker
White embossing powder
White gel pen (Sakura)
Natural hemp
Sunflower ribbon & metal charm