Thursday, February 18, 2010

Owl Always Love You Layout

I have subscriptions to two scrapbooking magazines, and I usually read them avidly when I first receive them, but then I put them aside and forget about them. I was feeling a little guilty about that, so I took out my January issue of Creating Keepsakes Magazine and browsed the pages, looking for inspiration. I found it in Jennifer McGuire's Tools & Techniques column: a darling paper owl created using various punches. I loved her title (owl always love you), so I decided to scraplift that, too. My owl is bigger than the one Jennifer made, so I couldn't use punches, but my circle and oval cutters worked fine. Jennifer also used googly eyes, which I didn't have, but I made do with some black brads. I didn't use any patterned paper on this layout. All the patterning is done using cardstock, stamps, and ink. I gotta admit, I'm loving this layout!



Recipe:
Tiny Typewriter Alphabet, Love Tags, Spot On Backgrounds & Felicity stamp sets
Cocoa, Dutch Blue, White Daisy, Bamboo, Desert Sand, Cranberry, Clover Meadow & Autumn Terracotta cardstock
Dutch Blue, Desert Sand, Cranberry, Clover Meadow & Autumn Terracotta ink
Black marker
Black brads
Cranberry grosgrain ribbon
Heart punches (Marvy Uchida & EK Success)

Pattern: Open Forum (Imagine)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Totally love this layout! The owl is adorable!

By the way thanks again for the LOAD lasy month and I got my paper and stickease today!

I did the WOTG for You Rock tonight!

Cheryl Even said...

Glad you got your stuff, Linda! I'm working on putting together the sketch challenge, but I have a few details to work out first. In the meantime, keep scrapping, girl!