Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Coloring Eggs Layout

I still haven't gotten to Costco to reprint my photos for the EMS Sketch Challenge from Monday, so here's something else I have been working on. When I saw these pictures, I really wanted to use the color Watermelon for the layout, as I did on this layout, but I just didn't have enough patterned papers to make it work. So Hollyhock was a nice substitute, which brought me to the Boom-di-Ada paper pack. Because of its great color scheme, Boom-di-Ada is such a versatile paper pack. For example, I added a Goldrush B&T from the Splendor paper pack and it gave a lighter, fun look to the design. My design inspiration came from a Becky Higgins' sketch. FYI: When I scanned the layout, the colors didn't come out quite right; the green of the background should be less yellow, but hopefully you get the picture!



Recipe:
Hodgepodge Alphabet stamp set
Boom-di-Ada Level 2 papers & My Stickease
Splendor Level 2 papers
Buttercup & Sweet Leaf cardstock
Goldrush, Creme Brulee, Hollyhock & Olive ink
Twilight marker
Winter Cozy brads
Heartfelt Whimsy felt shapes

1 comment:

Andrea Ewen said...

Super fabulous...I love how colorful the layout is! Great match for the title! I just purchased these papers and you have definitely given me inspiration to get right on it! Thanks for sharing your great ideas!