Thursday, June 17, 2010

Father's Day Card

The Heart 2 Heart challenge for this week was to make a Father's Day card using scraps, and since I needed to make a card for my dad anyway, I decided to give this a try. It really wasn't hard, once I decided which scraps to use! Coming up with an idea to top last year's card for my dad, now that was hard. I don't know that I succeeded (last year's perfectly embodied my dad), but I do like the result. I used the Overview pattern from Jeanette Lynton's Originals Card Confidence book, and I random stamped my background using the My Game and Just Be You stamp sets. My dad is really not into sports, but I was able to pick specific stamps from the set to emphasize life lessons that he has taught me. This would also be a fun idea for a graduation card.



The inside:


Recipe:
Make It Count, Noted Backgrounds, My Game, Just Be You, Thank You & Tiny Typewriter stamp sets
Rustic Trails Level 2 papers
Colonial White & Dutch Blue cardstock
Bamboo, Desert Sand, Autumn Terracotta, Olive, Dutch Blue & Cocoa ink
Antiqued Copper brads
Liquid Glass

2 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Great Father's Day card Cheryl! I love all the cool sentiments in the background dp and the inside sentiment is perfect! Super job and very masculine to boot!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card, Cheryl! It is just perfect for anyone's wonderful dad. No doubt your dad loved it. Thanks for playing along with H2H!