Saturday, August 27, 2011

Roxie Wedding Card

When my hubby asked me to create a card for a co-worker's wedding we're attending tomorrow, I immediately thought of the beautiful floral paper from the Roxie kit. This card is a variation on the Circle Collection card from Wishes. I didn't want to cover up too much of the floral paper, so I eliminated the two smaller circles. I used Barn Red ink instead of Tulip in order to bring a richer, more elegant feel to the paper. The curves of the "&" from the Chocolate Alphabet Large seemed to coordinate well with the flourishes on the Roxie paper, so I used it to tie together the initials of the bride and groom's first names. I printed our wishes for the happy couple on a piece of vellum and sandwiched it between the cover pieces. I also stamped on the inside of the back cover, and I really like how the vellum softens the image.





Recipe:
The Works Alphabet, Chocolate Alphabet Large, Tiny Typewriter Alphabet, Alphabet Solos "C' & The Present stamp sets
Roxie Level 2 papers
Colonial White cardstock
Vellum
Barn Red, Smoothie & Garden Green ink
Smoothie marker
Garden Green brads & spiral clip