Wednesday, October 26, 2011

LOAD #16 + Week 43 Layout Linky - Evening Playtime

In case you haven't noticed, I haven't been able to keep up with my Layout a Day Challenge this month. I guess I underestimated our commitments for October. I am still trying to complete some more layouts, however, so here is layout #16. I'll call it my daily LOAD just to keep it simple. I used a revised version of Stars Above from Imagine for the pattern. One of the October challenges from the Heart 2 Heart blog was to create a layout with a story on it. This is mine!

Did you know there is no patterned paper on this layout? That's right, I created all the "patterned paper" using a few supplies. First, I stamped trees and snow using Versamark ink and an embossing pen, then I embossed it with White embossing powder. I brayered Sky ink over it. Next, I stamped more trees using the Versamark ink, embossed them with clear powder, and brayered over them with Outdoor Denim ink. I ended up with multiple shades of ink showing through, and I love the effect. Hope you can use it on a layout.



Recipe:
White Daisy, Outdoor Denim & Kraft cardstock
Versamark, Sky, Outdoor Denim & Desert Sand ink
White & Clear embossing powder
Outdoor Denim brads
Embossing stylus
Sanding block

***If you are participating in the 52 Layouts Challenge, please use the link below to link your layout to this post. You have until Friday at 11:59PM PST to post your week 43 layout. The link will allow you to post a title and thumbnail that link to your site, where we can see the layout in all its glory!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Such a fun page! I love the embossing!
I hear ya- October was way busier than I expected!!

Haley D. said...

Brrr! Great layout! Thanks for sharing it at H2H.