Friday, March 30, 2012

Smart Mouth

It's Virtual Scrapbooking Night (VSBN) over at Split Coast Stampers, and I am hosting one of the challenges. Our theme this time is Take a Leap (because it's leap year), so all the challenges have the underlying theme of leaping or jumping. Please join us for the weekend's challenges. We have 9 challenges for you, and you have a week to complete as many as you like. The only catch is you have to complete each layout in 2 hours or less. The time is cumulative, so you don't have to do your layout all at once.

Here's my challenge: 
When I think of leaping, the first phrase that comes to mind is “Leaping to Conclusions.” How often do we hear or see something and we don’t wait for the end, we just leap to a conclusion regarding what it’s about? For this challenge, I would like you to create a layout that makes people leap to a conclusion, and then spring a surprise on them. For example, your title could have a hidden part or use some word play, or your pictures could only show part of the story and everyone has to read the journaling to get the real story. Get creative, and please keep us guessing!

For my sample layout, I picked these pictures of my son playing with a Slinky. When I hear someone called a smart mouth, I usually think he or she is being sassy, but for this layout, I took it a different direction!



Recipe:
Spot On Backgrounds stamp set
Stardust Level 2 papers & My Stickease
Moonstruck, Honey & White Daisy cardstock
Honey ink
Moonstruck marker
Pewter brad & mini brads
3-D foam tape

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too cute! thanks for your comment on my blog, Cheryl! I sent you an email but it came back to me so I guess I don't have your newer email address. I always enjoy your layouts as well but just never seem to find the time to really look at them very often. I really do like your style. You do a beautiful job on every one of your layouts. thanks again!