Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fly Layout

This week's challenge over at Color My Heart is to create a rainbow based on CTMH's color palette. We had to include red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. I thought the Elemental pack would work well for this, since it already contains four of those colors, plus I added some Gypsy and Sunset cardstock to complete the rainbow. It was a bit of a risk and I'm still not sure I pulled it off entirely, but at least the layout isn't boring! I used EMS Sketch Challenge 6 with some modifications: I put the sunburst where the title is supposed to go and I made the title horizontal. I also added the "Dream Big" stamp because I hope my kids' dreams help them fly.


Recipe:
Hero Alphabet & Dream Big stamp sets
Elemental Level 2 papers & Complements
Gypsy, Sunset & White Daisy cardstock
Creme Brulee, Sunset & Gypsy ink
Pacifica marker
Sunset tag
Creme Brulee Baker's Twine
Pacifica BIgger Brads
3-D foam tape
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 6

2 comments:

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

This is such a wonderful layout! I really like this with the Elemental papers. Never would have thought to use strips like that.

Tanya said...

Oh how cool! Love the sunburst! I also like the dream stamp, and the sketchy outlines around the photos.