Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pemberly Card #1

I'm here on vacation in Loreto, Mexico, and after enjoying three days of sunshine and really hot weather, today it started raining. The first major storm in three to four years (depending on who you talk to) and we get stuck in it! I am so thankful I decided late the night before we left to pull together some card-making supplies to bring with me on vacation, or I would be going stir-crazy right now. I've been sitting in the corner of our suite crafting some cards, and I decided to check out some blogs for inspiration. Stampin' Royalty posted a card sketch challenge, so I took it and created a simple card with it. It had to be simple because I had no access to my Cricut and the only embellishment I brought with me was Colonial white grosgrain ribbon! I used the limited edition "It's Your Day" double stamp set from Close to My Heart - available for $5 until the end of September with the purchase of $35 in CTMH products. Look for more samples using this set throughout August and September.

The sketch:

My card:
Recipe:
It's Your Day & Card Word Puzzle stamp sets
Pemberly Level 2 papers
Desert Sand, Bamboo & Colonial White cardstock
Indian Corn Blue, Desert Sand & Outdoor Denim ink
Colonial White grosgrain ribbon
3-D foam tape

2 comments:

Georgeann Manning said...

Wow! love your use of the sketch on this card! what i really like about it is that it could be universal, for a man or a woman! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

savvy teaching tips said...

Oh so cute - you totally got that sketch! I'm so glad you joined us at Stampin' Royalty this week.