Friday, September 28, 2012

Disney Layout

If I had to describe this layout, I think I would call it "the one that almost got away!" I have had it on my desk for over a week, and I just could not finish it. Tonight, the Scrap It Girl monthly challenge came to the rescue, and I was able to take it in a new direction and get it done. The challenge asked us to incorporate twine, circles, arrows, a bird, and the color red, so I put all those elements in. Yay for challenges! The parrot was a piece of clip-art that I downloaded, printed out, and colored using my Prismacolor watercolor pencils. He's a little bright, but I needed something pirate-y for these pictures, and he's the only thing I could come up with.


Recipe:
Save the Date stamp set
Victory Level 2 papers
Outdoor Denim & Colonial White cardstock
Bamboo, New England Ivy, Outdoor Denim & Chocolate ink
DE Monograms "D", "I", "S", "N", "E", "Y"
Milepost Shapes arrow & x
Wooden craft buttons
Natural hemp
3-D foam tape
Pattern: Visual Texture from Cherish

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Great take on the challenge at Scrap It Girl, thanks for playing

Bekah said...

This is really fun without using Disney papers, etc. I am getting ready to begin my family Disney trip album, and I'm terrified!

Unknown said...

Very cute layout... cute little boy too! Thanks for joining the Scrap It Girl September "Recipe Challenge".

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Love this boy LO!!! Love the way you incorporated the arrow!! Thanks for playing at Scrap It Girl's September challenge!

Unknown said...

What a cute layout! Love the button on i and the parrot! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

Becky B. said...

Fabulous layout and the parrot is the perfect pop of color! Thanks for joining Scrap-It-Girl's monthly challenge!