Wednesday, January 23, 2013

SCS Variety Challenge 182 - Paint by the Numbers

Can you believe it's already the 4th Wednesday of the month? That means another Variety Challenge for Splitcoast Stampers. Please visit SCS (using the link below) if you would like to play along.

SBVC182 Paint by the Numbers
When I was a kid, I loved those paint by the numbers pictures. Your challenge this week is to pull out the paints and do some painting on your layout. It could be edging your photos, creating a background using dots of paint, decorating a chipboard title, etc. And for the "by the numbers" part, make sure you have a number somewhere on your page.

I painted the title and around the edges of my layout. First, I traced the number and letters using an old set of stencils I had, and then I carefully filled them in using a fine-tip paint brush. Finally, I added some highlights using a white gel pen. The end result isn't as polished as stamping or using my Cricut, but the process was fun, and shouldn't that be a big part of what scrapbooking is all about?

Recipe:
Limited Edition & Cherish the Day stamp sets
Black, Kraft, Cashmere & Colonial White cardstock
Chocolate & Barn Red ink
Black marker
White gel pen (Marvy)
Raw Sienna acrylic paint (Golden Artist Colors, Inc.)
Black ribbon & brads (old Connections Club Reward)
3-D foam tape
ABC Tracers Alphabet Templates (EK Success)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: scalloped circle, tickets, arrows
Pattern: Best of Becky Higgins Sketches p.111

No comments: