Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Light and Glory of Christmas Layout

I am almost done with scrapping the photos from a Christmas musical I directed and sang in way back in 2002 (can't believe it took 10 years to get around to these pictures!), so here is another layout. I wanted to incorporate the ball and jacks challenges from Child's Play into my layout, and the design on the green patterned paper reminded me of jacks, so I added red circles for the ball and a row of "jacks" next to the title. 4 Crafty Chicks wanted to see ribbons and bows on our projects, so I tied four cute little faux bows for their challenge.

Recipe:
This Way & Spot On Backgrounds stamp sets
Mistletoe Creative Basics and Level 2 papers
Cocoa, Cranberry, Bamboo, Desert Sand & Colonial White cardstock
Cranberry, Bamboo, Desert Sand & New England Ivy ink
Desert Sand marker
Cranberry grosgrain ribbon
Sparkles
3-D foam tape
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: scalloped border, title box
Pattern: Let's Scrap 8-3-11

6 comments:

Tamie said...

Oh I am in love with your paper and the ribbon and bows are such an fantastic touch. Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Wonderful inspiration.

Janet M said...

Nice looking with the set of the three pictures, it's a good design. Thanks for creating and sharing with us at Child's Play.

Doreen Vasquez said...

Very nice layout! I love the way you subtly incorporated the inspiration into your layout!
My fav parts of the layout are the scallop/ribbon border and the way the pics go right to the edges of the layout...I alwyas feel like I need to leave space but seeing this shows me I don't! Very inspirational!!!

Chas said...

Great job with the challenge. I love your embellishments on the layout. Thanks for playing at CPC!!

Devra said...

Very cool that you actually got jacks onto your page. Very pretty. thanks for joining at CPC

wendipooh13 said...

such a lovely christmas page!!!! way to go!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Child's Play challenge blog!!!!