Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mr. Smiler's Big Day Layout

I'm trying to sneak in another challenge from Let's Scrap before the deadline (May 31st!), so here it is. We were asked to use the provided sketch and create a birthday layout that didn't look birthday-ish! I had to think about this one for a while, but I finally came up with these great photos from my son's first birthday. Since he was such a cheerful baby, we nicknamed him Mr. Smiler, so the choice of a happy face birthday party was really a no-brainer. A friend gave me the happy face foamies seven years ago and they've been waiting for me to get around to scrapping this event!

Recipe:
Hodgepodge Alphabet stamp set
Dotty for You Level 2 papers
Whisper, Lagoon & Black cardstock
Lagoon Creme Brulee & Black ink
Happy Face foamies (from my stash)
Lagoon & Creme Brulee baker's twine
Black Bitty Brads
Pattern: Let's Scrap 5-11-13

No comments: