Saturday, May 18, 2013

Open the Door to Explore Layout

I'm hostessing a challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers for their Virtual Scrapbook Night. Come join us! The theme this time is My Mother Always Said, and here's my challenge: One of the things I remember my mom saying often as her four children ran in and out of the house was, “Shut the door! Do you think we live in a barn?” As a mom myself now, I find myself shutting doors after my kids all the time, so I can understand her frustration. My challenge: In honor of mom, please create a layout that has a “door” on it. It can be a stamped or die-cut door, or it can be something that opens and closes like a door or it can be a totally different idea that you dream up. Get creative and have fun!

For my sample, I chose to scrapbook pictures of my son at the fair, and I not only incorporated the idea of the door in my title, but also made a swing-open door for the picture of my son and his buddy in the "jail" at the fair.


Recipe:
Headline Alphabet & A Typeface stamp sets
Dreamin' Level 2 papers
Bamboo, Chocolate & Colonial White cardstock
Pacifica & Chocolate ink
Colonial White brads
Pattern: EMS Sketch Challenge 29
Challenges: Splitcoast Stampers VSBN Challenge 14

No comments: