Friday, May 24, 2013

Our 12 Month Journey to Adoption Layout

I finally got my photos developed so I could do the "12 Ages and Stages" challenge over at Let's Scrap.We were given a sketch and asked to create a layout using 12 photos that represent something in our lives. I chose to use photos from my younger son's adoption day, since it took 12 months from the time he was placed with us until we went to court for the finalization. The journaling is written on the tags, which pull out so you can read them. I also was inspired by the Cupcake Special #3 Challenge from 2 Broke Girls, which led me to pick the circle paper and add the flowers because they reminded me of elements on the cupcake!

And here's my layout. Obviously I did not go with the color scheme from the cupcake, although there is chocolate and yellow on my layout . . .

Recipe:
Connections & Universal Backgrounds stamp set
Emporium Level 2 papers
Chocolate, Buttercup, Sky & White Daisy cardstock
Chocolate, Creme Brulee & Vineyard Berry ink
Chocolate & Sweet Leaf markers
Chocolate striped grosgrain ribbon
White Daisy embroidery floss
White Daisy flower brads
Staples
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: tags
Cricut Artiste cartridge: flowers
Pattern: Let's Scrap 5-6-13
Challenges: Creative Belli's Flower challenge

No comments: