Thursday, May 2, 2013

Somewhere in the Ocean Layout

Let's Scrap is posting a daily challenge in celebration of National Scrapbooking Month. I don't think I'll make it to 31 layouts, but it sounded like fun, so I'm going to play along as often as I can. The first challenge was to "create a layout using a quote from your favorite book. It can be the title or somewhere on your page. Let the book inspire the colors and details on your page." Since I was scrapping pictures of sea life, I immediately thought of a book that had been my children's favorite for a long time: "Somewhere in the Ocean." I loved reading it to them, so I decided to use the title (which is also repeated on every page) as my layout title. I also lifted the title treatment, and the idea for the colors of the page came from the title page.

My Inspiration:
My Layout:
 

Recipe:
Tiny Typewrite Alphabet & Boutique Borders stamp sets
Lagoon, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Olive, New England Ivy, Sunset & Colonial White cardstock
Lagoon, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Olive & New England Ivy ink
Ocean marker
Fish punch (EK Success)
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: title
Pattern: Let's Scrap 2-22-12

No comments: