Sunday, May 4, 2014

Crazy Hair Day Layout

Happy day after National Scrapbook Day! In case you missed it, I posted a bonus sketch yesterday in honor of NSD, so feel free to pop over and see it, and hopefully you can use it soon. Today's layout was kick-started by a sketch from Paper Secrets. The sketch showed diagonal corners, but I tried to create the same effect with paper strips. Even though the papers I chose don't match the colors of my photos, I keep hearing that matching is not so important anymore, so I thought I'd try it. Hopefully you all will like the results of my experiment!
Recipe:
Dream Pop Level 2 papers
Slate & Honey ink
DE Heart & Stars chipboard
Lagoon ribbon
Silver washi tape
Cricut Artiste cartridge: title, heart
Challenges: Scrapbook.com 2 photo challenge;  Paper Secrets 5/1/14 sketch with a twist - use items starting with the letters in the word shower: S = star, H = heart, O = orange, W = washi tape, E = elephant (bet you didn't see that one coming!), R = ribbon

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is just too cute!!! Love the bright background to really set off all the papers and they all go together perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets! :)

Rochelle Spears said...

great job on the sketch! I like the strips! :) Thanks for playing along with Paper Secrets!

Brenda said...

What a fun layout and great product choices! Nice take on the sketch and the twist! Thank you for linking up with Paper Secrets!