Tuesday, October 21, 2014

California Science Center Layout

I couldn't find any patterned paper that I felt really went with this layout, so I decided to create some of my own by inking up two stamp sets in two different colors and stamping on cardstock. I really have tons of patterned paper, so I prefer to use that, but in a pinch, this technique works to create just the right complement to a layout. You could do the same thing with embossing folders as long as you have big enough folders for the cardstock you want to emboss.

Recipe:
Tiny Typewriter Alphabet, Authentic, Geometric Backgrounds & In the Background stamps sets
Black, Barn Red, Whisper & White Daisy cardstock
Black, Barn Red, Whisper & Star Spangled Blue ink
Black marker
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: title, stars, border, "On This Day" acccent
Pattern: EMS Sketch 31

1 comment:

Casandra Bennett said...

Great advice on creating your own pattern paper. It's perfect, and I would never have known it was stamped if you hadn't said anything. Colors are perfect and really make the blue pop in your photos. :)