Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tristan Layout

I was almost done with this layout, but I wanted to play along with Rochelle Spears' tic-tac-toe challenge and couldn't figure out what to use for an oval shape. I started rummaging through my stamps and noticed that the face on one of my sleeping baby stamp is oval shaped. Sometimes, you have to get kind of creative to play along with the challenges, but I love the finishing touch the stamped image adds to my layout.
I didn't add any journaling yet because I wanted to respect the privacy of the mommy and baby!
Recipe:
Take Note stamp set
Occasionally stamp set (SU)
Heidi's Flowers Stripe Decor patterned paper (Heidi Grace Designs)
Sweet Leaf, Goldrush & White Daisy cardstock
Sweet Leaf, Goldrush, Whisper & Taffy ink
Sweet Leaf & Black markers
Sweet Leaf ribbon
Green epoxy bubbles
Cabana Titles stickers (CM)
3-D foam tape
Pattern: Contrasting Elements from Jeanette Lynton's Cherish
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: title & notebook paper
Challenges: Splitcoast Stampers Stash Buster's challenge (ribbon, stickers, & notebook paper); Rochelle Spears' April tic-tac-toe challenge (I used the middle row across: oval shape, spring colors, ribbon)

No comments: