Sunday, December 6, 2015

Smell of Christmas Layout

I am so excited to have been chosen as a guest designer for Lasting Memories challenge blog this month. Lasting Memories posts challenges every Sunday, and this month, their theme is Funny Holidays. I have to admit, I hadn't heard of most of the holidays on the list, but it's fun to have the inspiration! For today's challenge, the inspiration is National Brownie Day, celebrated on December 8th. Although I love to eat brownies, I'm not much of a baker and didn't have any brownie pictures, but I did have a photo of the banana bread I made as Christmas gifts in 2013, so that became the centerpiece of my layout. Combined with the creative sketch from Stick It Down, and the White Pines scrapbooking kit from CTMH, it added up to a fun layout of a yummy memory!
Recipe:
White Pines stamp set
White Pines Level 2 papers
Chocolate, Cranberry, & Colonial White cardstock
Cranberry & Fern ink
Cranberry & Black markers
Red enamel gems
White Pines badge buttons
Cranberry ribbon
Cricut Artistry cartridge: title shape
Pattern: Stick It Down December sketch
Challenges: Heart 2 Heart 'Tis the Season: Seasonal Expressions challenge (I used the White Pines WOTG kit)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That is one seriously yummy looking layout. I love all the browns and rickrack. Super nice that you journaled the story of why you were making all those loaves. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

Unknown said...

Beautiful page Cheryl! Love all the elements on this page...Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down!

Marci said...

I must re- do my comment! Please remove 1st one! Sorry about that! What a delicious page - literally! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!!

Colleen said...

Very fun LO. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Amanda said...

Your cakes look yummy, and it's a lovely tradition to have documented. Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down.

Unknown said...

It's so beautiful, i love brownies

Melissa Robinson said...

Totally beautiful page! So unique but really draws the eye! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Glad to have you as a GDT at Lasting Memories. Love the layout and the way you showcased that yummy banana bread.

Hanne said...

Lovely page! Great elements and love how you have incorporated the journaling. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Katy said...

This layout is gorgeous! I love the papers you use and that picture looks delicious! I love how you used your stamps too! :) Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down! :)