Friday, April 1, 2016

Circus Layout

Today I posted a new sketch over at Splitcoast Stampers, and I actually made a layout to go with it! That hasn't happen much lately, so it was a good feeling. Although I took some liberties with adding extra circles and enlarging my title, I'm sure you can see the bones of the sketch in my layout.  I had taken these photos to a scrapbook retreat last month but ended up not liking the papers I'd chosen for them, so I brought them home to work on. These papers turned out much better than my original choice, and I was able to play with my spray pen and Cuttlebug, which I hadn't brought to at the retreat, so it all worked out fine.

The sketch:

My layout:
Recipe:
Sarita & Brushed Level 2 papers
Gypsy, Cotton Candy & Lagoon cardstock
Gypsy, Cotton Candy & Lagoon ink
Gypsy re-inker & spray pen
Gypsy marker
DE Monograms chipboard
Enamel & Glitter Duos dots
Purple Glitter Gems
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: circles & rings
Cuttlebug folder: D'vine Swirl
Pattern: Splitcoast Stampers Sketch16Apr1
Challenges: Creating with Paper and More April mood board (the springy colors of purple, pink, and blue worked well with my layout); Use Your Stuff pop dot challenge (I popped up several letters in my title)

3 comments:

missgailly said...

Hurray! A layout for the pop dot challenge. And a great layout too! I might have to try out that sketch. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Unknown said...

Lovely Layout! Perfect choice in colours for the theme and photos. Great job with the title!

Thank you for joining us at Use Your Stuff! Hope to see you again next time

Tammy Cochrane
Use Your Stuff DT
TLC PaperPassions

Kelly said...

What a fun layout! Love the spring colors that inspired you and such fun circles too! Thanks for playing along in my mood board challenge :)