Tuesday, December 27, 2016

2nd Christmas Layout

I know most people are counting down the days until 2017, but I'm counting down the layouts until I'm done scrapbooking 2013 (only two to go), so I kept this one pretty simple! Ever since we saw The Lord of the Rings movie wherein the two hobbits are astounded that Aragorn doesn't seem to know about "second breakfast," it has become a catch-phrase in our family for any time we do something twice. So it seemed perfect to adapt the idea as the title for this layout featuring our second Christmas celebration of the day! I started with a sketch from Stick It Down and added a bunch of closely-cropped photos, then looked through my Cricut cartridges to find the fun font for the title. A few embellishments and I was done.
Recipe:
A Timber & A Typeface stamp sets
Mistletoe Level 2 papers
Cranberry, Olive & Colonial White cardstock
Cranberry, Olive & New England Ivy ink
Black marker
Cranberry baker's twine
Gold Stickles (Ranger)
Gold brads (from my stash)
Cricut Simply Sweet cartridge: title, tab
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: banners, postage stamp frame, heart
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: hugs frame
Pattern: Stick It Down December single page sketch
Challenges: Splitcoast Stampers Run, Run Rudolph lyrics challenge (my journaling is from the song)

4 comments:

Angie said...

Very cute page! And we love a good "second breakfast" around our house too. Though to us, it usually literally means second breakfast! :)

Colleen said...

What a great page, love the way you did each photo. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Colleen-Design Team for Stick it Down
http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/

JenniferE said...

Love that title! I don't have photos from our 2nd Christmas (at my parents house Christmas day afternoon)yet but I will keep in mind your title! Just perfect! Love all of the pictures you used!

Angelika said...

Love the title! Thanks for creating with us at SID!