Saturday, December 24, 2016

With the Dawn Layout

December has been the month of double page sketches for me, since this is the senocd one I have created and posted for Splitcoast Stampers. Feel free to play along! For my sample layout, I had no idea what title to use  (I've probably used "Christmas Morning" and "Opening Presents" each several times!), but the Music Challenge over at Scrapbook.com came to my rescue. Amanda challenged us to use lyrics from "Silent Night" as inspiration for our layout, and I found the words "with the dawn" in the second verse. Although my layout has nothing to do with Jesus' birth, the phrase seemed to reflect my children's propensity for rising at dawn on Christmas morning. Can anyone relate?

The sketch:


My layout:
Recipe:
In the Background & Spot On Backgrounds stamp sets
Jingle & Key to My Heart Level 2 papers
Tulip, Juniper, Olive & Creme Brulee cardstock
White Daisy textured cardstock
Tulip, Juniper, Olive & Creme Brulee ink
Black marker
Animal Cookies My Stickease
White enamel star
Green Epoxy bubbles
White Daisy embroidery floss
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: stocking, presents, ticket
Cricut Artistry cartridge: title, tree, arrow
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: sun
Challenges: Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge Christmas (this is a new challenge site for me, and I'm excited to participate in more challenges in 2017!)

2 comments:

Dolly B said...

Lovely layout , thank you for joining in at AFSC
Mary

Angie said...

What a great choice for a title and I love that super-fun and bright background paper!