Sunday, February 12, 2017

Battleship Buddies Layout

I love these photos, from the intent look on my older son's face to the huge grin my younger son is sporting, so it was a pleasure to scrapbook them! I went with a color palette of blues with touches of grey and yellow, and added some nautical touches like the knotted "rope" and the waves because my boys were playing Battleships.
Recipe:
Timberline stamp set
Babycakes & Proplayer Level 2 papers
White Daisy textured cardstock
Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue, Slate & White Daisy cardstock
Outdoor Denim, Indian Corn Blue, Slate & Buttercup ink
Natural hemp
Cobalt circle bling gems (Jolee's Boutique)
Yellow enamel dots (American Crafts)
Liquid Glass
3-D foam tape
Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge: title, stars, teardrop
Cricut Artbooking cartridge: waves
Pattern: Creative Scrappers Sketch 303
Challenges: Lasting Memories' Celebration of Love challenge (I chose to celebrate a special moment when my boys bonded over a game - love when that happens!)

8 comments:

Lori said...

This is such a cute layout! I love the colors and the "rope" with the knots...the perfect touch! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!

JenniferE said...

Fantastic LO! Perfect colors and love the photos! I think I'll have to suggest playing Battleship this week with my kids!

Rachel said...

Super cute layout and I love your colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Creative Scrappers.

Yvette said...

Fabulous job with the sketch!Thank for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

Chocoscrapaholic said...

What a great combo with blue and yellow. I love your embellishments. So glad you joined us at Creative Scrappers!

Haven_mom4 said...

What a wonderful layout to capture their brotherly bond. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories

Sandy Ross said...

Love the Nautical theme of your layout...just fabulous! Love your family moments. Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories.

Tina Campbell said...

Fantastic layout:) One of my favorite games growing up :) Love your take on the challenge. thanks for playing along with us over at Lasting Memories
Tina DT